April 22, 2020
When pairing wine with food, the weight, texture, colour and flavour is key to choosing the perfect match. Yalumba The Signature 2015 is medium-weighted with a fresh, tight acidity carrying through.
Being a stylish, approachable and very drinkable wine, Winemaker Kevin Glastonbury recommends pairing this Cabernet Sauvignon & Shiraz with a rich and textured dish such as his favourite French Lamb Rack.
This version uses a simple rub of olive oil, garlic, salt, black pepper and freshly chopped rosemary and thyme. Kevin’s secret is to not go over the top with the herbs. Lamb racks taste good on their own and the seasoning should complement the lamb, not overpower it.
The cook time depends on how big your rack of lamb is and how you would like it cooked.
1. Rub the rack all over with the mixture of rosemary, thyme and garlic. Sprinkle with ground black pepper then rub in olive oil. Leave for 1 – 2 hours in the fridge.
2. Remove from fridge and allow to reach room temperature.
3. Score the fat and sprinkle with salt and ground black pepper. Cover the bones with alfoil.
4. Place rack bone side down (fat side up). Cook as desired.
5. When done, cover with foil and rest for 15 minutes.
6. Thickly slice the eggplant.
7. Rub olive oil over eggplant and mushrooms and sprinkle with sea salt and ground black pepper.
8. While the lamb is resting, char grill eggplant and mushrooms.
9. Serve and enjoy!