For a weeknight meal, an omelette is such an easy choice as it only requires 3 simple ingredients, yet it is so delicious.
Yalumba Winemaker, Natalie Cleghorn recommends pairing the omelette with a rich and tender steak and The Menzies Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 3 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 5 eggs
- Good olive oil
- Peel and dice potatoes and place in a warm frying pan
- Add plenty of olive oil to the pan and slowly cook
- Add sliced onion and cook until soft
- Drain from oil (retain oil for later)
- Whisk eggs, season well with salt and pepper in a separate bowl
- When the potato and onion mixture is cool, add to the eggs
- Using a small non-stick pan, add a small amount of olive oil from before
- Add egg/potato/onion mixture, cook for approx. 5 minutes
- Flip using a plate, and cook on the other side for approx. 3 minutes
- Turn out, ready to serve
Serve with black Angus Scotch Fillet, green salad and Yalumba The Menzies Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon.